Probably not all shoppers go antiquing with a camera, but I just had to take you along on our adventure to Lakewood 400 Antiques Market. We love Lakewood 400! You never know what you're going to find, and it is always a good time. Don't miss it this weekend, October 19-21.
What I love most about Lakewood 400 is that there is a lot in one place. If you plan a day of antiquing with a friend, driving from shop to shop is going to wear you out. But with so many dealers in one location, you can really take your time and find some treasures that you'll love at Lakewood.
The whole show is great, but our favorite area is Hall G. On Hall G you will find The Georgia Peach, T and E Antiques and Collectibles, Brown Eyed Girl Antiques, Alluvium Design, and Geppetto's Closet, just to name a few.
Not on Hall G, but ones we still love are The Pyrex Chick and Ginny's Vintage and More.
|The Pyrex Chick|
How lucky am I that I get to spend the day antiquing with this guy???
|Ken checking out the price on a piece of Pyrex.|
A few tips for you from Belle & Beau:
- Dress comfortably. You're going to be doing a little bit of walking.
- Dress for the weather. If it's cold outside, bring a sweater. Some of the dealers are outside, and the cool air can follow you inside.
- Always ask if prices are negotiable. Dealers are usually willing to work with you on the prices, especially if you buy more than one item from them. At the very end of the show, prices may be even better.
- Although prices may be negotiable, this is not a garage sale giveaway. Items are usually being sold for close to what they are worth. Trust me, finding antiques and collectibles is HARD work. Dealers aren't going to mark items so low that they don't make money on them.
- Most dealers take credit cards, but cash is still usually preferred.
- I like to bring my own shopping bag.
There is a concession area with yummy food, so you can stay and eat right at the show. Make sure to enjoy yourselves; antiquing is supposed to be fun, you know!
For more information on Lakewood 400 Antiques Market, check them out on Facebook, their blog, and their website. The next show is November 16 - 18. The show is located at 1321 Atlanta Highway, Cumming, GA 30040.
Let us know if you've been to Lakewood before, and what kind of treasures you found.