There is this new tradition going around with the "Elf on the Shelf." And while some of the Elves' stunts look hi-lar-i-ous, my poor deprived children are just going to have to go without that memory. Because that Elf on the Shelf looks like he creates a whole lotta work for Momma. Folks, if I can't manage to get a wreath on the front door, then I am certainly not going to be able to keep up with an Elf moving on me every night and all the crazy shenanigans that go with it. So next time you see my kids, ix-nay on the Elf-ay. 'Cause their elf didn't do anything cool last night while they were sleeping. Their elf didn't show up. Ever.
Elf aside, we do have many Christmas traditions that we carry in our hearts from year to year. My favorite traditions are the things that we can do together. It doesn't matter how many years in a row we do the same exact thing, without it every changing, my kids love it just the same. Below is a roundup of some of our favorite things to do around Atlanta at Christmastime. We hope that you will see something that you will enjoy making a tradition of.
1. The Nutcracker at the Fabulous Fox Theatre
2. Christmas at Callanwolde
3. Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
4. Stone Mountain Christmas and Snow Mountain
5. The Pink Pig at Macy's Lenox Square
6. The Children's Christmas Parade
8. Ice Skating at Centennial Olympic Park
9. The Lighting of the Tree at Macy's Lenox Square
10. A Christmas Carol at the Alliance Theatre