Playing with the Queen of Hearts

First post of the New Year! I've neglected our blog, but for good reason. We've been busy getting ready and moving into a new booth at a local antique store, Countryside Antiques. If you're in metro Atlanta, we hope that you will stop by and check it out. The blog hasn't been getting any love, but our Facebook page has. If you aren't a fan yet, pop on over and give us a "like."

Now that we are all moved in and things have slowed down a bit, I wanted to find a project to share with you. I saw a Valentine's banner on Pinterest by No Time for Flash Cards that I thought looked cute and SUPER easy. Also, I had been saving a vintage set of playing cards for a project just like this one.
Valentine's Banner by No Time for Flash Cards
Aren't these vintage playing cards the neatest thing? The set wasn't complete, so I was okay with using them for this project. Otherwise, I would have probably saved them and left them in tact.


I gathered the materials that I needed for this project. Since I intended this to be for Valentine's Day, I only used the hearts. I used black and white baker's twine (Michael's), a heart punch, a regular hole punch, some scrapbooking paper, and glue (not pictured.)
I punched two holes in each card so that I could thread the twine through. I made sure to punch the holes in the same spot on every card. In between the cards I glued two hearts, back to back. I did this because I didn't want to cards to slide around once I hung it up. Because of the twisted nature of the twine, the hearts might flip over, but that doesn't bother me. Also, I didn't put the cards in numerical order. I wanted it to look more random and decorative, instead of intentional.

I love how the baker's twine looks with this! I haven't decided yet if I will keep this or take it up to our booth.
I'm not quite ready to go all out on the Valentine's Day decor. I'm kind of enjoying the Christmas chaos being out of the way. I still have a few weeks, though.

Follow Me on Pinterest Hope you love it!
XOXO,
Abby

Labels: , , ,