Before & After: A dresser saved from the dump.


Last weekend I revived a dying 1930's dresser. I assumed that it was going to be a fairly straight forward and easy project, but it turned out to take quite a bit of time. Grrr. I'm happy with how it turned out, and I'm even happier that I was able to save the fantastic Art Deco hardware.

Here it is before:
During:
Everyone refinishes furniture on their kitchen floor, right?

I decided to use Martha Stewart "Barn Red." I make my own chalk paint, but that is the base that I used.


After the chalk paint, I used Valspar Glaze in "Mocha." I bought this at Lowe's. A little goes a long way.

The hardware needed some love and elbow grease. I used steel wool, baking soda and vinegar, baking soda and Dawn and vinegar, baking soda and water, more steel wool. You get my point; it took a while.

All said and done....

Waiting patiently in my booth at Countryside Antiques for a forever home...
Mommy? Daddy?
XOXO,
Abby
P.S. This dresser was not saved literally from the dump. As in, I did not go to the dump and get it. Rather, it was close to being headed to the dump. I don't even know where a dump is. But if I did, it wouldn't be beneath me to go there. And look for a dresser.

Labels: , , , , , , ,