Easter Mantle Ideas




 I've decorated our mantle for Easter. And, as always, I've used a mixture of new and old. That's the best way, don't you think? If everything was vintage or antique, we'd be missing out on some of the great new decorative items out there. And I love shopping way too much to do that. ;)


I like how effortless it looks. A lot of it was pulled from "shopping" in other rooms in the house. The only things that are always on the mantle are the antique mirror and the clock, everything else was borrowed from other places in the house.


Here you can see how I combined new and old.
What's "old?" The Fire King hobnail milk glass vase, the Brush-McCoy robin's egg blue egg & dart dish, the picture of my great-grandparents.
What's "new?" The garland, the eggs, the rabbit plaque, and the picture frame.


Sometimes when I am putting together a vignette or mantle, I simply walk around the house looking for certain colors. These old books were the perfect spring time color for the mantle.

Here are some other mantles that I found on Pinterest. I think they're lovely, don't you?

This one is from marthastewart.com. I like that it uses different shades of just pink and blue. 


This one is from Tattered & Inked. I love the mix of natural wood and burlap with the bright colors of the eggs.



Here is another one from Emerald Interior Design. It's fresh, simple, not too busy, and it will definitely carry past Easter and through Spring.


Finally, this was was too bright and cheerful to leave out. It's from Positively Splendid, and it is. Positively Splendid.



I hope you've been inspired to create a beautiful Easter mantle of your own. I found all of these lovely ideas on Pinterest. Join me there!

XOXO,
Abby








Labels: , ,