The Gospel Truth

Have you ever unintentionally collected something? One minute you have one extra casserole dish/figurine/pound and the next you have twenty? (Hey, I know I'm not the only person to have unintentionally collected twenty pounds at some point!!)

I have unintentionally collected antique and vintage hymnals. I mean to say, I didn't set out to collect them. The collection just sort of happened a long the way. Now here I sit with a stack of hymnals from the Bible Belt (that's the South, y'all) in varying conditions.

I love the ones that are falling apart at the seams. There's only way to get like that -- by being used. Unfortunately some have no life left in them as a song book, but I just can't bare to throw them away. (I might surprise you that I am the total opposite of a "hoarder.") I haven't had a plan for using them before, but this past Sunday at church I was completely inspired. The words to "Holy, Holy, Holy" are truly beautiful, and I was inspired by the verse, "Early in the morning, our song shall rise to Thee."

I decided to use one of the hymnals that had seen better days to create something new.






XOXO,
Abby

Labels: , , , , ,