Putting Together an Entry Table


Recently a large portion of our home got a fresh coat of paint. We've all heard it before, but honestly, it's true; Paint changes everything. And since the walls looked so fresh and clean, I procrastinated a bit to put things back together once the paint was dry. After all, I spackled all of the holes. Why make new ones?

But then the bare walls got boring. So, hello hammer.

First up was to put an entry table space together. There's not usually a spot on the wall that says, "Put your entry table here. X" We're lucky enough to have a large entry area, so I took a couple of things into consideration. First, I made sure that the front door had enough space to swing completely open. We have a constant parade of furniture in and out of the front door, so I needed to make sure that nothing would be in the way. Next, I have this  thing  obsession about symmetry, so I had to make sure that the table would be centered in the space.

Once I had the spot where I wanted my table, I could start hanging things on the wall above it. TI knew that I was using this mason jar lamp, so I checked was to make sure the "Family" sign was hung high enough that the lamp wouldn't block it. Of course, I used my level to make sure it was!

Ignore the stool. I'm a shorty.
By the way, if you haven't heard of this trick to hang pictures using tape, you should really try it. Tape in between the hold of your picture. Then use the tape on the wall to measure the distance between your nails.

The entry in our house is two stories, so the scale of this arrangement was important to me. I didn't want to make anything too low or small and have it seem puny in the space. I added another picture to heighten the display. It goes with my "family" theme that I have going on. There are four of us and there are four birds. Awwww, so cute!


Finally, I set some items on the tabletop to complete the look: a tray to place keys and sunglasses on, a lamp to provide a little light at night, and some other decorative items.

 
I recently created a different display on the table to use for one of my Etsy listings. I think this turned out beautiful and functional. I love functional. This reclaimed window frame organizer is currently for sale in my Etsy shop.
 
I got this perfect "Family" sign from Amazon. The quote is exactly what I was looking for.
 
XOXO,
Abby

Labels: , ,