Painted Desk Makeover!

Hey Y'all!
Just a quick post today to show-off a project that I just finished. I haven't painted much furniture this winter, or as I like to call it, "The Long Unmotivating Season of Gray and Cold." Who wants to paint furniture on days where naps, coffee, and books are so much more enticing?
 



I picked up this dainty desk at an estate sale. At first glance I thought I'd have to repair the legs. It turns out the hardware was only loose, and it just needed a little tightening. I wasn't so lucky with the packing tape removal. I'm guessing that the drawers had been taped shut at some point to keep them from opening during a move. Unfortunately, I think the tape had been left on for at least ten years. Long enough to get good and petrified! Hours of tape removal, y'all. Hours.

I don't know why kids feel inclined to carve into wood. This one had "I love Renee" carved into the side. I can only get so irritated, though. My own Samantha carved "I love you" into some end tables. It was the first thing she learned to write and she wrote it everywhere. Who can get mad at "I love you"?! I mean, PRESH!!! That girl is full of love.

Found some fab knobs. You can find them here:


Dug up some paint from my stash in the garage. Mixed up some of my special recipe chalky-like paint.

And voila! Shabby chic. Dainty. Feminine. Perfection. Love.
On another topic, happiness is finding a bag of jelly beans that you forgot you had. True Story!

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away. Behold, all things have become new. 2 Cor. 5:17

XOXO,
Abby

Labels: , , ,