Belle & Beau on the Dixie Highway 90 Mile Yardsale

Nothing says "family time" like packing up the kids and dog and heading out to spend the entire day yard sale hopping. Oh, who am I kidding? I forced them to go, all of them. But since I put in almost 5 hours sitting at the ball field for soccer tryouts this week, I figured they could spend 5 hours in the car while I worked had fun searching for inventory.

Diesel's first time coming "picking" with us, and he did great!
My friend, Kimberly, told me about the Dixie Highway 90 Mile Yard Sale a while ago. But unfortunately for me, it always conflicted with other plans. I was on the fence about going right up until the time we pulled out of the driveway. It's a really long drive for us to get there, and there is never a guarantee you'll find anything good. In fact, I was worried we were going to drive all of that way and get rained out.

First things, first. In my world of yard sales, people set up at 8:00 and "early birds" show up at 7:45. With traffic, we ended up not getting to Adairsville (one of the cities on the 90 mile stretch) until 10:30, and people were just then starting to set up. Not sure what that was all about, but I'm glad we got a late start. I would've been all huh? and wuh? and "this is a bust."

Our 9 year old played "photographer" today. And I love seeing the day through her eyes! Here are a few of her pictures. At the bottom you can see a picture of some of the things I ended up buying.


Sweet iron bed. The guy insisted it was a "twin" but I knew better. Smaller than a twin! He wanted $75

Loved this.

Some very cool bottles here. We must be on the right track!

 

We ended up buying all of the insulators here.

 Here is a small portion of what we ended up getting:
Insulators, camera and case, skates, dolls, milk glass tea sets - one for iced tea and one for hot tea. etc, etc

Best deal of the day: the insulators
Favorite find of the day (that I'm keeping!): jadeite sugar bowl with holly leaves on it. Everything else is for sale.
Should've skipped on: antique scale (not pictured)

We had fun and will definitely do it again!



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,