Thanks to DesignThusiasm for nominating me for a Liebster Award! You're too sweet! The Liebster Award is an avenue for new blogs to be recognized and to help their audience grow, which is basically awesome-sauce.
The Liebster Award rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 250 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I'm a natural redhead. I'm not currently redheaded.
- I've trained myself to be a glass-is-half-full type of person but I wasn't always that way.
- I have a twin brother that happens to be an amazing, award-winning artist: http://www.tyrus.co/
- I'm very disorganized, but I'm a purger. Which means I accidentally throw a lot of stuff away.
- I play the violin and so does my redheaded son.
- I am a great secret keeper.
- I love the color white, but there are no white rooms in my house.
- I am funny.
- I can remember anything if it involves music. Thanks Suzuki method.
- I love getting mail and/or packages.
- I think memory making is very important.
My answers to DesignThusiam’s questions:
- What do you want to achieve from blogging? I want to inspire people, both to complete their own DIY projects and to see the value in vintage and antique items.
- What is your dream career? I have it. I love being an antique dealer/DIYer/Blogger/Mom/Wife. Life is good.
- What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled to? Savannah. It's not far from where we are (ATL metro), but there's something magical about it. I'm happy there.
- Name 3 things you’d like to accomplish in the next few years. I'm always researching, so I hope to just learn more about antiques. Travel abroad. Live through parenting teenagers.
- If you could have a talent that you don’t currently have, what would be it? Singing. I can't sing for grits.
- What would you like more of? Time with my kids before they are grown.
- What would you like less of? Lima beans.Who needs the nasty buggers?!
- If you could have dinner with someone famous, dead or alive, who would it be? Ronald Reagan
- Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I previously had my own interior design business, but did not love it. So here I am!
- How would you describe your style? Confused. No? Okay, feminine country.
- What do you really like about yourself? I'm loyal.
My nominees for The Liebster Award are the following:
- Susan – Rustic Rediscovered – @rrediscovered
- Susan – Susan Newberry Designs – @SNewberry55
- Karen – The Decorated Next – @decoratedkaren
- Bridget – Angel Fire Love – @ToHoldTheSky
- Tina – Repurposed-Life – @TinaBurrowsOK
- Mandy – The Sassy Starfish – @MandyLHornsby
- Stephanie and Debbie – Painted Poppies – @_PaintedPoppies
- Angela – A to Z Custom Creations – @AtoZCC
- Jill - Weathered Pieces - @WeatheredPieces
- Becca - DIY Vintage Chic - @DIYVintageChic
- Danielle - Vintage Danielle - @VintageDanielle
Here are the 11 Questions for my nominees to answer:
- Who do you hope will read your blog?
- What inspires you to blog?
- What is your very favorite food to put into your mouth?
- Fill in the blank. On a rainy day I want to ________.
- Where do you go when you want to be alone?
- What makes your heart sing?
- What random smell grosses you out?
- What do you consider to be your greatest talent?
- What is one thing you'd like to get better at?
- What color makes you happy?
- Your best personality trait?
Thanks for reading and sharing!