Soft Aqua Dresser

Another new dresser! I don't know why I'm so bad about showing these off to everyone once they're finished. I'm really going to try to be better about that.

Here's a small dresser that I picked up a while ago. As always, it needed some repair work. I don't tend to paint quality wood furniture unless there's something wrong with it. I do make exceptions for "ugly" furniture that needs a makeover though.



I usually try to paint furniture in neutral colors so that more people will be able to use them. But I have this one particular blue color that I love to use. It's a custom color that I make. I make my own "chalky" paint. There are recipes galore on Pinterest.

I've had a hard time capturing the true color in photos. I like to describe it as the perfect, soft aqua/blue/teal color.


I'm happy that I was able to keep the original hardware. It still looks great, and it's usually higher quality craftsmanship that what is currently available.


This is fairly small, just 35" tall. Perfect for a guest bedroom or even bathroom storage.


I also just finished an Art Deco era china cabinet that I'll post about soon. I seriously started working on it 50 weeks ago - almost a year! I'm glad it is done.


Labels: , , , ,