Setting my Thanksgiving Table



I had a few minutes this morning before the rest of the house woke up. (Turning off all of the alarm clocks for Thanksgiving break is such a decadent feeling.) I decided to play around with some Thanksgiving plates to get a couple of different looks.


On Thanksgiving Day I'll use my table runner (from World Market) and some chargers. I haven't decided yet, but I might not use a table cloth this year. But for the photo's sake and just having fun, I used this plaid blanket I have. Our blankets are usually on this antique ladder, and we just grab one for watching TV or standing in front of the coffee pot waiting for it to brew. :)

Click any photo to make it bigger.
Save any photo to Pinterest by clicking a red Pinterest button above or below.


The pillow and the blanket on the top are from TJ Maxx/Homegoods. The bottom two blankets are vintage Pendleton blankets.

First I used my Johnson Brothers His Majesty plates for this look:

Click any photo to make it bigger.
Save any photo to Pinterest by clicking a red Pinterest button above or below.


And my chargers are from where else? Homegoods!

Next I used my Johnson Brothers Hearts and Flowers plates for this look:

Click any photo to make it bigger.
Save any photo to Pinterest by clicking a red Pinterest button above or below.

I know these aren't traditional Thanksgiving plates, but the couple on them has always reminded me of Pilgrims.

I love how navy blue looks with gold. It's one of my favorite color combos. I didn't have time to get these napkins monogrammed, but I think they'll look great with a traditional script "S" on them.


Lastly, just to show how much one detail can change the whole look, here are the same plates as above, but with a gold napkin instead of navy:


Click any photo to make it bigger.
Save any photo to Pinterest by clicking a red Pinterest button above or below.


I like it better with the navy, but either would be fine!

Note: These are my personal plates, but I collected quite too much of the Johnson Brothers Hearts and Flowers collection over the years. There are many pieces of this pattern available in my Etsy shop HERE.

Remember to use what you like. Maybe what you like is not washing dishes - so use Chinet! It's about the food, the conversation, and the memories, anyway. This just happens to be something I enjoy doing. Any time we've spent Thanksgiving with family and friends, I am just happy to be there. Don't worry about everything being perfect for your guests.

Labels: