Patriotic Summer Decor

Patriotic Summer Decor

Red, white, and blue can carry you Memorial Day through Labor Day.

One of the reasons I love decorating for the summer is I know that once I have my home all decorated I can leave it up for a long time. If you break out all of your red, white, and blue patriotic decor in May for Memorial Day, you can have your home decorated for flag day in June, Fourth of July, and all the way until Labor Day in September. 

I have one storage bin with some Fourth of July and patriotic decorations. I will also "shop" my home for some other red, white, or blue items. I also like to include seashells, because they remind me of summer. I like to think of seashells as a neutral color. I even use them to check off the "white" if I am missing that in a red, white, and blue vignette. 

Layer china patterns for a patriotic look. How cute are these Allerton's Blue Willow individual butter pat dishes?
I like to use red Coca-Cola crates, vintage Pyrex bowls, books, and napkins for "red". Blue canning jars, picture frames, and Blue Willow china are perfect for "blue". White seashells, milk glass dishes, and anything silver will make your "white". 

Use seashells you picked up on the beach for filler.
Another tip I have is one that I use for every holiday. Shop the after-holiday clearance sale. I've had this bunting and these "fans" for a couple of years in my storage bin. I found them on clearance at Target a few years back.


Summer makes me so happy! I hope you find joy in this season as well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,